Signature over-the-ear Bluetooth® headphones offer up to 24 hours of listening time on a single charge
BERLIN, Germany, IFA - 4th September 2014 - Plantronics (NYSE: PLT), a pioneer in audio and wearable technology, today announced BackBeat PRO, wireless active noise-cancelling headphones with battery power to outlast your playlist. The latest addition to its award-winning BackBeat stereo product family, the over-the-ear BackBeat PRO headphones offer Plantronics si gnature audio performance and design for all-day wearing comfort at home, in the office, and on the go. Bluetooth wireless freedom cuts the cord, and advanced active noise-cancellation (ANC) technology minimizes background sounds so you can fully immerse yourself in your music.
"People want to enjoy their music anytime, anywhere, without having to compromise. That's why we created BackBeat PRO," said Stuart Bradshaw, head of consumer marketing and business development at Plantronics. "We designed BackBeat PRO to eliminate distractions with active noise-cancellation, and Bluetooth wireless and ridiculously long battery life melt away the frustrations of limited charge and a tangled mess of cords."
Host a personal concert for one, even in a noisy office or a busy flight, with BackBeat PRO headphone's signature rich, brilliant audio and advanced active noise-cancellation technology. Using a unique dual-mic solution, the headphones draw in background noise and eliminate it, tuning out external sounds and resulting in clear, life-like audio. Alternatively, if you want to hear what is going on around you, with a touch of a button the adjustable OpenMic feature pushes the music to the background and amplifies environmental sounds; have a conversation with a co-worker, listen for your boarding call, or answer a fellow commuter without having to remove your headphones.
Plantronics innovation in power management gives the BackBeat PRO up to 24 hours of listening time on a single charge, and an included 3.5mm cable serves as a backup, allowing you to plug in and keep enjoying your music in the unlikely event that you run out of battery. Used alone, its active noise-cancellation is capable of eliminating background noise for up to 60 hours - enough to tune out airplane noise on a flight around the world. BackBeat PRO is always ready for action, with up to 21 days of standby power, and up to 6 months in DeepSleep hibernation.
Additional features include:
- Uncompromising audio performance: With 40mm dynamic drivers and Plantronics signature audio technologies, BackBeat PRO delivers rich bass, crisp highs, and natural midtones so you hear the nuances of each instrument and voice.
- Unleash your music: Advanced Bluetooth technology lets you stream music from up to 330 ft/100m1away from your smartphone or tablet, well beyond the usual 33ft/10m.
- Truly "smart" headphones: Sensors on BackBeat PRO automatically pause your music when the headphones are removed and resumes when you put them back on, and will unobtrusively whisper updates on connection status, battery life, incoming calls and more.
- Take your music anywhere: The exceptional ergonomic design and portability (with fold-flat earcups and durable nylon travel sleeve) makes BackBeat PRO ideal for all-day use wherever life takes you.
- Clear communication: From phone calls to voice applications such as SiriTM and Skype, BackBeat PRO dual-mics directly on the headphones enable clear communication on smartphones and tablets for mobile professionals.
- Works seamlessly with mobile devices: BackBeat PRO features NFC pairing with Android devices, and you can easily move from listening to music on your smartphone to watching videos on your tablet with multi-device Bluetooth connectivity.
Plantronics Award-Winning BackBeat Family
BackBeat PRO is the newest member of the popular BackBeat family of stereo products. The award-winning BackBeat GO 2 + Charging Case wireless earbuds offer premium audio in an incredibly small and light form factor, and the included charging case protects the earbuds and extends listening time to over 14.5 hours. The BackBeat FIT sweatproof wireless headphones features a unique, safety-orientated design and a stable, comfortable fit that stays in place no matte r how hard you work out. BackBeat GO 2 and BackBeat FIT are currently available at retailers.
Pricing and Availability
BackBeat PRO will be available in Europe starting October 2014. MSRP is €249.99 EUR, £249.99 GBP. For more information, please visit www.plantronics.com/uk.
Plantronics is a global leader in audio communications for business and consumers. We have pioneered new trends in audio technology, creating innovative products that allow people to simply communicate. From unified communications to Bluetooth® headsets to gaming solutions, we deliver uncompromising quality, an ideal experience, and extraordinary service. Originally designed for commercial aviation, today Plantronics products are used by every company in the Fortune 100TM, as well as by emergency call operators, air traffic controllers, and consumers around the world. www.plantronics.com
1 - Requires a Class 1 Bluetooth device