Below is the complete RMA dialogue from my bad experience. Be your own judge on it, I think I have been very badly treated by a e-tailer that used to be very good before being taken over last april.
the RMA goes bottom to top, check out the dates .....
Kris Small 19.Aug.2005 13:58
the quickest and best solution would be to buy an external usb floppy drive, otherwise if you wanted a replacement you would have to send it back to us again for another repair.
sorry about this but there is nothing we can do.
Chris Stuart 19.Aug.2005 13:21
I have finally installed this replacement, repaired motherboard, and
everything seems to work fine, apart from the floppy disk. I have
checked the cables etc and stuff, and on inspection there are pins
missing from the header on the motherboard.
Please could you bang your heads together and find a solution to this
before I send it back again? I dont wish to be without a computer for
another 2 months.
Kris Small 10.Aug.2005 10:37
we should have got this on monday but our supplier sent it to our old address! we are deffinitly getting this tomorrow, so we will get it out on a next day delivery service for you so you will get it on friday.
Chris Stuart 08.Aug.2005 19:14
Please let me know what\'s happening.....
Kris Small 05.Aug.2005 16:34
yes we are very annoyed with our suppliers too! we was supposed to get these back from them on wednesday, we will see if they turn up on monday if not then i iwll do my best to sort it out for you
Chris Stuart 05.Aug.2005 15:53
Ok, it was meant to be here yesterday, but STILL nothing.
If you have not been sent the new replacement motherboard, would you
please put me out of my misery and send me one of the DFI NF3 939 AGP
I have had a pile of bits hanging round here for 2 months now, and I
have been let down by your RMA process big time! Every date that you
have given me for resolution has been passed, and these are your dates,
Please Please Please send me a new mtherboard now !!!!
ps when you send it could I have a tracking number so I can be in when
Kris Small 02.Aug.2005 10:23
I have just spoke to the supplier who said that we will get it back here tomorrow so depending on the time of day we get it back here hopefully you will have it by thursday.
thanks and once again we can only apologise for the length of time this has taken to complete.
Chris Stuart 01.Aug.2005 18:41
Like I said earlier, I would still take a DFI Nforce 3 Ultra 939 as a
Kris Small 01.Aug.2005 17:09
i am waiting for a guy at the suppliers rma department to ring me back ihave rang about 5 times today but apparantly the guy is always busy, i will keep trying
Chris Stuart 01.Aug.2005 17:00
Please could you update me with what is happening to this RMA???
Chris Stuart 27.Jul.2005 22:44
I am dropping you what seems like my regular weekly email to find out
when you beleive that you will send me a replacement motherboard?
Please let me know as soon as possible, and my offer to have one of
those DFI nForce3 Ultra 939 AGP\'s still stands if it means that I can
get my computer up and running again.
This RMA has take 6 weeks so far !!
Chris Stuart 20.Jul.2005 21:09
If it would prove easier to you :) (and obviously quicker to me), you
could always ship me one of those DFI LanParty UT nF3 Ultra AGP
motherboards that you have just got in !!!!
Maybe I could get one of those before the weekend?
Chris Stuart 20.Jul.2005 20:06
Thanks for the update, but this has definately been the longest RMA I
have ever known...
I know that you have had problems because of the company takeover, but
surely you should have organised things better than what you have.
\'There are never problems - just some solutions are harder than others\'
Better management and forethought would have prevented this ever
happening, and surely Tekheads\' good reputation must have been tarnished
if this has happened to many..?
Chris - in anticipation !
Kris Small 20.Jul.2005 10:26
good morning Chris
I have just spoken to the supplier where your board is and they said we should get it back start of next week, if we do then you too should get it back middle of next week.
Chris Stuart 19.Jul.2005 12:15
Is there any sign of my replacement motherboard yet?
Kris Small 07.Jul.2005 20:50
ok, i think it will be around that time.
Chris Stuart 07.Jul.2005 17:22
Please note that I will be on holiday from 9th until the 16th of July,
and will not be able to receive any deliveries during this period. If my
replacement motherboard becomes available during this time, could you
please hold it until I get back.
Kris Small 07.Jul.2005 13:46
our supplier has no taken it back but we are now waiting for a replacment. this isnt a quick process and there is nothing we can do to speed it up.
ia m sorry you are having ot wait this long but is a general problem across the board where suppliers are not taking products back that the orginal tekheads bought. you are not the only customer who is havin to wait either.
Chris Stuart 07.Jul.2005 13:28
Please could you update me on my RMA.
Kris Small 30.Jun.2005 16:10
it has been tested and found faulty, and as i said in a previous ticket we are waiting for a supplier to take it back at the moment i am having some troubles on getting it back. depending on which supplier will take it back, i will be able to give you a rough timing for when you should get it back. Some suppliers take longer than others to return it.
chris stuart 30.Jun.2005 15:09
I am sorry to keep badgering on....
I was\'nt told that you have changed owners, or whatever.. I have based
my assumptions on the information that is readily available on your
site, and from the emails that you have sent to me. Just look at the
history on this ticket ! \"we should have the fault diagnosed within
the next couple of days Chris.\"
Please could you give me some idea as to when I could expect this to be
resolved. ie; has it been tested / returned to manufacturer / still on
shelf ...etc, and please could you keep me a little more informed.
Kris Small 30.Jun.2005 13:46
hello, sorry for the delay you will just have to be patient with us as this board we are struggling to get it back to a supplier as we technically never bought it, as it was the old tekhead company and we have no details of where items have come from which makes it difficult to put a time limit on with you, if you have any issues you can contact the orginal owner and take up any issues with them. but we will sort it out for you it will just take a bit longer than what we first said. I can only appologise for the time it is taking.
chris stuart 30.Jun.2005 13:36
Exactly when will my return be processed, you have not sent me any
progress emails, and you have had my motherboard for over 2 weeks now.
On your site it says \"The normal turn around for returned items is 3-5
Why has mine taken sooo long.
I am without a computer while this takes place, and I do a lot of work
on my computer. I am currently borrowing a friends, but as you can
imagine, this is not ideal.
Pleas could you usher things along a bit quicker
Nigel Horton 27.Jun.2005 10:41
we should have the fault diagnosed within the next couple of days Chris.
chris stuart 26.Jun.2005 18:28
how soon is soon?
Nigel Horton 15.Jun.2005 10:51
Good news, your return has been received back.
We\'ll begin processing it as soon as possible and will send you further emails. You do not need to contact us at this time.
Nigel Horton 13.Jun.2005 09:30
Return #R700060 MSI K8N Neo2 Platinum Motherboard
Dear Chris Stuart,
Please follow these instructions to return this item.
Clearly mark the return reference on the packaging and send the item back to the following address:
Tekheads Returns Dept., PO Box 884, Lincoln, LN5 5AD, UK
The normal turn around for returned items is 3-5 working days.
If the item is no longer a current model we are usually unable to replace immediately, as there is no available stock, and would have to return the product to the manufacturer for them to replace. This can sometimes take up to 4 weeks dependant on the type of product.
It is extremely important you read these guidelines:
- Please make sure the item(s) to be returned are packaged suitably for transit to ensure the goods do not get damaged. It is your responsibility to ensure they arrive back undamaged, unless we have agreed in advance to collect the goods.
- The best method to send the goods back to us is usually via Royal Mail up to 2kg or via Parcel Force for larger items.
- Please ensure that the items being returned are insured for the right amount. If an item goes missing, we are unable to claim on your behalf. It would be down to you to make a claim with the carrier.
- It is extremely important that you do not attach any labels, stickers, packing notes, brown tape, or similar to any retail boxes, such as a motherboard or a graphics card box. This is because when an item is replaced by our suppliers, they do not replace the packaging, only the item. Therefore if the box is defaced we are unable to sell the item on to another customer, despite the product being brand new.
- To speed up identification of your items, make sure your \'Returns Number\' which you were given is clearly marked on the outside of the parcel for our returns department to see. Any parcels received without a visible RMA number can take longer to identify, or end up in the wrong department, which will slow down the returns process and delay your replacement / refund.
- Don\'t worry if your refund does not show straight away, it can take up to 5 working days before it is visible in your account from the date when the refund was carried out dependant on your bank.
- Non faulty goods returned to us as faulty can be subject to a testing fee of £8.51 + VAT at our discretion to cover the costs of our time in testing the product.
- You will be responsible for the cost of postage of returning non-faulty goods that have been returned to us as faulty.
- Please ensure you enclose all relevant cables, driver disks, etc otherwise your refund / replacement can be delayed while we wait for those to be returned. We require the complete set for products because otherwise manufacturers will not replace faulty items.
- Refunds for non faulty items that have been used will be subject to a restocking fee of up to 20% at our discretion. This is because we need to discount these products and advertise them as \'second user\' or \'manager\'s special\' in order to sell them.
chris stuart 11.Jun.2005 01:30
I bought a K8N Neo 2 Platinum from you a while ago, and I think it died on me last night.
I cannot see the order history to return the product.
What has happened is I was web surfing, and the computer just died completely.
I tried switching it back on, and the fans started spinning for about a second, and then stopped again. I cannot restart it at all now.
Looking around the system, trying to fault find, I have noticed that the northbridge heatsink is absolutely unbearable hot to touch (It burnt me!) I turned off the power to the unit, and let it all cool down for an hour or so, and when I came back the northbridge cooler was cold, so I tried to reboot. Again the fans spinned for aboout a second, and again the board died. Again I touched the northbridge heatsink to check the temperature, and it is red hot again after only 30 secs or so of power on to the board.
I think therefore that this may be the culprit, and I would like to return the board.
could you send me an RMA number so I could get this thing back to you for a replacement or repair