SUHD TV brings in a new era for TV with exclusive Samsung display technology, SUHD re-mastering engine and Smart TV functions powered by Tizen
London, UK - January 6, 2015 - Samsung Electronics, the leader in Home Entertainment for nine consecutive years, today unveiled an extensive line-up of SUHD TVs - setting a new standard in premium UHD content and elevating the viewing experience to new levels.
The innovative SUHD TV celebrates a major milestone in the UHD era. It surpasses the limitations of previous displays, delivering superior picture quality with stunning contrast, striking brightness and spectacular colour.
Additionally, Samsung's SUHD TVs have a number of new and exciting features; its SUHD re-mastering engine delivers an unrivalled viewing experience; its stylish curved design provides viewers with a more immersive viewing experience; and its Smart TV functions are now powered by Tizen, giving viewers easy access to their favourite content.
"Our innovative heritage and spirit continue to push the boundaries of the home entertainment experience to new possibilities," said HS Kim, president of the visual display business at Samsung Electronics. "Regardless of the content source, Samsung provides the leading picture in the industry and will continue to do so with our SUHD TVs. Consumers can trust that we are more committed than ever to consistently deliver a superior home entertainment experience for years to come."
Introducing Unmatched Picture Quality
Utilising Samsung's proprietary, eco-friendly nano-crystal technology and intelligent SUHD re-mastering picture quality engine, Samsung SUHD TVs demonstrate ground-breaking advances in contrast, brightness, colour reproduction, and detail to deliver an overall superior picture quality experience.
SUHD TV's nano-crystal semiconductor transmits different colours of light depending on their size to produce the highest colour purity and light efficiency available today. This technology produces a wide range of more accurate colours, providing viewers with 64 times more colour expression than conventional TVs. The SUHD re-mastering engine automatically analyses the brightness of images to minimise additional power consumption while expressing ultimate contrast levels, producing images with much darker blacks and an elevated brightness 2.5 times brighter than conventional TVs and twice the colour adjustment points for the most accurate colour display.
By collaborating with the leading Hollywood studio 20th Century Fox, Samsung has been able to develop content to meet premium quality SUHD standards, offering consumers an unrivalled UHD viewing experience.
Most recently, Samsung partnered with the Fox Innovation Lab to re-master multiple scenes from its critically acclaimed film, Exodus, specifically for the SUHD TV. The result was spectacular - generating more vivid colours and lifelike scenes.
Furthermore, Samsung's SUHD TVs use environmentally friendly technology to deliver best-in-class energy efficiency and reliability.
Sophisticated And Improved Curved Designs
When Samsung introduced the curved form-factor in 2013, it dramatically enhanced the home entertainment experience for consumers. Taking cues from contemporary art and architecture, Samsung TV's are designed with a modern and sleek finish to add a touch of sophistication to any home.
Samsung SUHD TV JS9500 will feature Samsung's Chamfer bezel design, adding more depth to the TV screen, and the elegant frame makes the TV look like a piece of art when mounted on the wall.
SUHD TV JS9000 model has a soft, textured Shirring design on the back, ensuring the TV looks sleek and stylish from any angle.
New Smart TV Redefines the Future Entertainment Experience
New for 2015, all of Samsung's Smart TVs, including the new SUHD TV, will be powered by Tizen, an open-source platform that supports the web standard for TV app development. Thanks to Tizen, Samsung's new Smart TV platform not only has a bevy of new features, but it also gives users intuitive access, a more integrated entertainment experience, and more choices for content than ever before.
- The new user interface for Samsung's Smart Hub is more responsive and playful,giving users easier access to the content they want. It is simplified to just one screen, displaying your most recent content and tailored content recommendations for even more entertainment options.
- With Quick Connect, Samsung Smart TVs automatically recognise Samsung smartphones once paired via BLE (Bluetooth Low Energy) technology. People can share video content from their Samsung smart phone to their Smart TV with the press of a button. Plus, they can watch TV through their mobile devices without any apps or complicated pre-settings.
- Consumers will be able to stream UHD movies and TV shows from providers such as Amazon, Comcast, DIRECTV, M-GO. In addition,Samsung is offering a new UHD movie download service utilising its existing UHD Video Pack in partnership with M-GO, a premium TVOD service and joint venture between Technicolor and DreamWorks Animation. This is a download service which uses the SCSA (Secure Content Storage Association) standards.In 2015, this service will offer the highest quality content for both Samsung SUHD and UHD TVs.
- Samsung Smart TV owners can wake-up a bit easier with Briefing on TV. Samsung Smart TVs now act as an alarm, and sync up with Samsung mobile devices, to turn on and display important items such as the time, weather and your scheduleon a large screen to set you up for the day ahead.
- Samsung's platform powered by Tizen allows Samsung Smart TVs to become part of a much larger content ecosystem, allowing easy collaboration with a number of partners for ultimate flexibility and unparalleled access.
- Tizen's compatibility with other devices establishes Samsung's Smart TVs as the control centre of any Smart Home. Samsung's new Smart TV with Tizen sets the standard for future Smart TVs, redefining the entertainment experience.
Samsung will offer three new series of SUHD TVs - JS9500, JS9000 and JS8500 - in nine screen sizes from 48" to 88", so people are able to purchase the best possible picture quality in a screen size that perfectly suits their needs.
To see these and more new and innovative Samsung home entertainment products first-hand at CES 2015, visit the Samsung Booth in Central Hall, Booth #11906.
For more information on Samsung at CES 2015, please visit: www.samsung.com/uk/ces2015/.
About Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd.
Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd. is a global leader in technology, opening new possibilities for people everywhere. Through relentless innovation and discovery, we are transforming the worlds of TVs, smartphones, tablets, PCs, cameras, home appliances, printers, LTE systems, medical devices, semiconductors and LED solutions. We employ 286,000 people across 80 countries with annual sales of US$216.7 billion. To discover more, please visit www.samsung.com.