Gamin's new vÍvosmart fitness band displays notifications of incoming texts, emails and calls on your wrist as you exercise, when it's in range of your smartphone - allowing you to move more and miss less!
On top of being the only fitness band (along with Garmin's vivofit) which learns about your individual fitness levels and sets personalised daily goals, vÍvosmart will ensure you know about incoming messages with a gentle vibration alert and preview. To read more, simply touch and swipe the screen and carry on exercising. The vÍvosmart automatically syncs with the Garmin Connect Mobile App meaning that your smartphone can stay safely in your pocket or backpack while you continue to run, cycle or climb a mountain and you'll still know exactly what's going on. While in the App, a link to MyFitnessPal can also provide an accurate count of calories consumed - providing a complete picture of daily activity and nutrition.
Double tapping the screen brings up a menu from which you can see everything from the time and date, to number of steps taken, the distance you have covered, calories and countdown to a personalised daily goal and all sorts of other information - all designed to help you turn good intentions into a lifelong habit. A Move Bar, with five segments which fill in after an hour of inactivity, reminds you when you have been sitting down for too long with a discreet vibration and a visual display.
‘With its activity tracking features, additional workout support including timed activities, and smart notifications, vÍvosmart is like having a personal trainer and assistant right on your wrist,' said Andrew Silver Garmin, EMEA Product Manager, Fitness. ‘It challenges and motivates users to stay active and create lifelong healthy habits, while keeping them connected to family, friends, work and more.'
Sleek and comfortable, vÍvosmart has a lightweight curved band, is water resistant to 50m and has a battery life of up to seven days so you rarely have to take it off. VÍvosmart will be available in October in five colours - berry, purple, blue, black and slate - in a small or large band size for £139.99
Garmin vívosmart's features include:
- Smart notifications -Monitors calls, texts, meetings, emails, and other notifications with vibration alerts so you don't miss a beat.
- Sleek touchscreen band -Double tap to reveal the hidden OLED touchscreen and swipe to navigate pages.
- Vibration alerts -vívosmart tells you when you have calls, texts, emails, meetings, or if you just need to take a walk with a vibration alert.
- Activity tracking -Count your steps, calories, and distance throughout the day. The move bar motivates you to make a move when you've been sitting too long.
- Sensor compatibility -Get more out ofvívosmart- pair it with a heart rate monitor1, bike speed sensors or VIRB action camera2.
- Auto sync -vívosmart automatically syncs with mobile devices at strategic times throughout the day, such as when a goal is met or when several steps have been taken since the last sync.
- Garmin connect -Sync with Garmin Connect to save, plan, and share your progress and join online challenges.
- Garmin was founded by Gary Burrell and Min Kao in 1989 and is the global leader in satellite navigation and Global Positioning Systems.
- Garmin aims to enhance the lives of its customers by making superior products which are easy to use and genuinely innovative.
- As well as sat-navs which make driving less stressful and save time, Garmin creates devices designed to help amateurs and professionals get the most out of a wide range of sports and pursuits. It also leads the way in aviation and marine navigation.
- By keeping control ofall design, manufacturing, marketing and warehouse processes, Garmin enjoys unrivalled control over the quality of its products and the service it provides.