BRACKNELL, October 26, 2012 - HP today announced availability and pricing details for its new lineup of consumer and business PCs that are designed to work with Windows 8.
The new HP products, ranging from stylish notebooks and desktops to a tablet, leverage premium materials and a purposeful design philosophy to deliver a distinct HP look and feel.
Unique form factors-including a hybrid PC with a detachable screen, a business tablet with functionality-boosting HP Smart Jackets and an ultrathin all-in-one (AiO) desktop-enable users to take advantage of Windows 8 along with HP innovations such as HP TouchSmart technology.
"HP's portfolio of ultrathin notebooks, sleek all-in-ones and high-performance business PCs is designed to meet the needs of customers anticipating the release of the Windows 8 OS," said James Mouton, senior vice president and general manager, Personal Computer Global Business Unit, HP. "Consumers and organisations now can choose from a broad range of HP PCs featuring multitouch displays, versatile form factors, sleek designs or customisable solutions that address their needs."
HP consumer notebooks
The HP consumer notebook portfolio featuring Windows 8 includes a hybrid PC and notebooks with slim and sophisticated designs, multitouch display technology, strong performance and great value.
- The HP ENVY x2 is a powerful, ultrathin hybrid PC that delivers the power of a notebook and the freedom of a tablet in one stylish, lightweight device. A notebook that doubles as a tablet,the HP ENVY x2 has a detachable screen that becomes a full tablet when separated from the keyboard via a seamless magnetic latch. The HP ENVY x2 includes a vivid 11.6-inch diagonal high-definition (HD)(1) touch display, Beats Audio, an HD webcam plus an 8-megapixel camera, and near field communication (NFC) technology that lets users share content, including photos, contacts and URLs, with a simple tap. The HP ENVY x2 will be available from late October at £799(2).
- The HP SpectreXT TouchSmart UltrabookTM is a premium Ultrabook featuring a 15.6-inch diagonal multitouch Radiance Full HD(1) IPS display, strong performance and a sophisticated all-metal design. Measuring 17.9 millimeters (mm) thin, this Ultrabook is HP's first notebook with Intel® Thunderbolt technology,(3) providing blazing-fast transfer of music, movies and data to external devices. The HP SpectreXT TouchSmart Ultrabook is expected to be available from late November with a starting price of £1,199(2).
- The HP ENVY TouchSmart Ultrabook 4 features a 14-inch multitouch HD(1) display, a booming subwoofer with Beats Audio and optional AMD graphics with 2GB of graphics memory. The HP ENVY TouchSmart Ultrabook 4 is expected to be available from late November, priced at £899(2).
- The HP Pavilion Sleekbook 14 and Pavilion Sleekbook 15 PCs are available in sparkling black and ruby red and provide the performance and easy applications consumers need every day-now in an ultrathin style. The HP Pavilion Sleekbook 14 and 15 PCs start at £429 and will be available from October.
HP consumer all-in-one PCs and consumer desktops
HP's new consumer desktops include AiO and tower PCs featuring the latest multitouch technology and offering head-turning designs and powerful performance.
- The HP ENVY 23 delivers 10-point multitouch technology, 23- inch diagonal HD(1) display, and excellent performance for working, playing and staying connected.The HP ENVY 23 TouchSmart AiO PCis expected to be available from late October at a starting price of £749.99(2).
- The HP SpectreONE is a thin and elegant AiO PC featuring a 23.6-inch nontouch flush-glass full HD(1) display, a unique curved back and NFC technology, making it an entertainment powerhouse. The HP SpectreONE is expected to be available from mid-November with a starting price of £1,199.99(2).
- The non touch HP Pavilion 23 AiO delivers performance, an attractive space-saving design and intuitive features to keep users connected to family and friends, all at a great value.The HP Pavilion 23 isavailable now, starting from £349.992).
- The HP ENVY Phoenix h9 desktop PC delivers a powerful computing experience for users who enjoy creating digital content and immersive gaming. The HP ENVY Phoenix h9 is currently available, starting at £949.99(2).
HP business PCs
Delivering outstanding performance, versatility and value, HP's business PC portfolio maximises productivity for businesses and government organisations of any size.
- The HP ElitePad 900 is a true tablet for business that balances a beautiful design with enterprise-grade features, serviceability and support. The ultrathin and lightweight Windows 8-based tablet(4)also features optional HP ElitePad Smart Jackets(5), which add connectivity options and longer battery life along with specific add-ons that customise the tablet for specialised uses. The HP ElitePad 900 is expected to be available in January 2013. Pricing will be announced closer to the commercial availability date.
- The HP EliteBook Folio 9470m Ultrabook is ultrathin, lightweight and efficient. With enterprise docking capabilities and a swappable battery, the EP EliteBook Folio is built for the on-the-go professional. The HP ElitePad Folio 9470m Ultrabook is available now, starting at£1,100 ex VAT(2).
HP is providing customers an array of simple and easy-to-access support tools and resources to help customers easily transition to Windows 8 and unlock the value the operating system offers. They include:
- HP Support Assistant is an on-product tool that provides a one-stop shop to help you maintain your PC and avoid or resolve problems using automated updates and self-help options.
- HP is creating a designated Web support page for Windows 8. Customers can easily upgrade to Windows 8, obtain necessary drivers for their HP products - as those drivers become available - and seek answers to their other Windows 8 support questions by visiting www.hp.com/go/win8support.
- Printing-related instructional videos are available at www.youtube.com/hpprintersupport and computing-related videos are available at www.youtube.com/howto4u.
- HP's Printer Install Wizard will be available for a majority of consumer printers and will help customers select and install their print drivers. The Printer Install Wizard is anticipated to be available at the support landing page.
HP creates new possibilities for technology to have a meaningful impact on people, businesses, governments and society. The world's largest technology company, HP brings together a portfolio that spans printing, personal computing, software, services and IT infrastructure to solve customer problems. More information about HP (NYSE: HPQ) is available at http://www.hp.com.
(1) High-definition content is required for high-definition images.
(2) Estimated street prices. Actual prices may vary. Not all models available in all regions.
(3) Thunderbolt is new technology that requires installation of driver updates for your product before use. Thunderbolt cable and Thunderbolt compatible device required and sold separately. Additional information for determining whether your device is Thunderbolt enabled for Windows 8 is available at https://thunderbolttechnology.net/products.
(4) This system is Windows 8 certified and supports the new Windows Store user interface. The integrated display resolution is below the threshold for Snap, a Windows Store interface feature that allows two Windows Store applications to be viewed simultaneously. This feature may be enabled by attaching an external 1,366 x 768 or higher resolution display.
(5) Sold separately or as an optional feature.