Dell today unveils the newly refreshed Latitude 5000 Series, a fully-featured business-class notebook loaded with the new 6th generation Intel®Quad Core processor for the highest level performance, plus industry-leading security and durability, all in a beautiful design. Available in both 14-inch (E5470) and 15-inch (E5570) form factors, the new Latitude is up to 27% thinner and up to 18% lighter than the previous generation, making it ideal for mobile professionals.
As Dell’s commercial customers expect, the new Latitude 5000 Series still touts the world’s most secure, manageable and reliable features as those of its predecessors, with improvements and enhancements including:
- Most Secure: In addition to Dell’s own encryption, malware protection, and authentication options that are optimized for Dell devices, the Latitude 5000 Series offers an additional credential storage layer with optional integrated smartcard and touch fingerprint readers that isolate secure operations through Dell ControlVault. This tool processes and stores critical authentication data on a separate chip, providing a protective and more secure boundary, reducing the risk of malware accessing private information
- Most Manageable: With unique management capabilities built into the Latitude portfolio, IT can manipulate BIOS settings and configure systems with ample flexibility that organizational IT infrastructures require
- Most Reliable: The Latitude 5000 Series is the world’s most durable business-class laptop in the industry, withstanding more military-grade tests than any other1; features improved materials with carbon fiber reinforced polymer for superior durability without the weight
But it’s not stopping there. Dell believes in continuing to redefine business-class computing and this means keeping an ear to the ground with customers and making products that truly improve productivity and delight both IT professionals and end users. Latitude 5000 Series customers will enjoy a full suite of features including:
- Built with enhanced carbon fiber reinforced polymer materials for a thin and light design; with recycled excess carbon fiber used in each new Latitude 5000, reducing landfill waste
- Added scalability in performance and features across screen sizes
- 6th gen Intel® Core™ vPro™ quad core processors
- USB Type-C cable docking for quick and efficient connectivity (Latitude 15 5000 Series quad core only) - a first for the Latitude line, with more to come early next year
- Optional touch displays with Corning® Gorilla® Glass NBT™
- Ergonomic business-class ISO keyboard with backlit option
- High density batteries for longer battery life (up to 17 hours on 15H with 84Whr battery)
- Flexible connectivity for at-the-desk productivity with E-family docking or Dell Wireless dock and Intel Pro WiDi
- Purpose-built accessories for on-the-go, such as the Dell Power Companion
- Designed with Windows 10 in mind – fast, smooth and more secure
- Backed by basic warranty and Dell ProSupport Plus for proactive and predictive automated support and accidental damage protection
The Latitude 5000 Series is available to buy now on dell.co.uk, starting from £549.
And, this is just a preview of many exciting unveils to come at CES 2016, as Dell continues its commitment to providing the world’s most secure, manageable and reliable products for professionals, all while throwing beauty into the mix. We look forward to sharing more on this front early next year!