Cost Effective Professional Operability and Functionality
BRACKNELL, UK. 14 AUGUST 2012 - Panasonic Corporation will release the AG-AC90 memory card camera recorder, a new "AVCCAM" series model, in October 2012.
The AG-AC90 new memory card recorder combines the high image quality, advanced functions and easy operation that professionals demand in a stylish, easy-to-handle design. Its zoom lens extends from 29.8 mm (35mm equivalent) wide angle to 12x optical zoom, with a high speed of F1.5 brightness. BSI (backside illumination) type 3MOS image sensors exhibit high sensitivity, Full-HD resolution and a high S/N ratio. The AVCHD recorder section supports both PS mode, for Full-HD progressive image production, and pro-use PH mode. This gives a camera operator the field of view, image quality, and file/video formats he/she needs for news gathering and image production. Other professional operating features include Triple Manual Rings (focus, zoom and iris) that approach the versatility and feel of the interchangeable lenses, XLR Microphone/Audio inputs, and remote terminals to provide the system expandability that professional applications require.
The AG-AC90 AVCCAM memory card recorder will be available in October, 2012 at suggested price of €1800 RRP (excluding VAT).
The AG-AC90 will be exhibited at the Beijing International Radio, TV & Film Equipment Exhibition "BIRTV2012" to be held at the China International Exhibition Center (CIEC) from Wednesday 22nd to Saturday 25th August, and at the European International Broadcasting Convention "IBC2012" to be held at the RAI Centre in Amsterdam, Netherlands from Friday 7th to Tuesday 11th September.
Main Features of AG-AC90
29.8mm Wide-Angle / High powered Zoom Lens
The high-powered 12x zoom lens includes a 29.8 mm (35 mm equivalent) wide-angle setting. When using the Intelligent 25x digital zoom, it achieves up to 25x seamless zooming. In addition, it also features 2x, 5x and 10x digital zoom function. Panasonic's unique Nano Surface Coating minimizes ghosts and flaring, and a high speed, F1.5 brightness enables extremely clear image rendering. The built-in 5-axis Hybrid OIS (Optical Image Stabilizer) ensures stable handheld shooting.
High-Sensitivity BSI Type 3MOS Sensors
Three (RGB) backside illumination corresponding 1/4.7 type MOS image sensors have an effective pixel count of 2,190,000 pixels. This makes it possible to capture excellent images with high definition and superb color reproduction even in dimly lit locations. The image processing circuit, which is tuned for professional use, produces highly natural gradation and sharp detail.
Easy Operation with Triple Manual Rings and a High-Definition LCD monitor
The lens barrel is equipped with manual rings for focus, zoom and iris operation to enable the kind of speedy, intuitive camera work that is generally associated with interchangeable lenses. The 8.89 cm (3.5 inches) LCD monitor (touch panel), which stores easily inside the top front part of the handle, has approximately 1,150,000 dot resolution to enhance focusing, and includes focus assist, zebra, and color bar display functions. The LCD monitor rotates 270 degrees for easy low-angle, high-angle, and self-interview shootings.
High-Quality Recording with AVCHD PS/PH Modes
- Professional AVCHD Modes: PS mode for Full-HD (1920 x 1080) and progressive (60p) image acquisition and high quality PH mode.
- HD/SD Multi-Formats: [60 Hz model]: 1080/60p, 60i, 30p, 24p, 480/60i. [50 Hz model]: 1080/50p, 50i, 25p, 576/50i.
- Dual SD Card Slots (support SDXC/SDHC/SD Memory Cards). With two SD cards, a camera operator can select backup recording.
- Still shots with 3-megapixel resolution. (Still shots can also be captured during video recording.)
Specifications Supporting Professional Use
- 2 channel XLR audio inputs (MIC/LINE/+48V selectable).
- Audio CH1/CH2 with individual level controls and input selection.
- HDMI output, AV Multi output (D-connector, composite video and audio 2 channel), USB connector.
- Remote terminals enable remote operation of iris, focus, zoom and Rec Start/Stop functions.
- The upper part of the handle grip contains both the Rec Start/Stop button and a zoom speed control (three speed steps) for the lens.
About Panasonic System Communications Company Europe (PSCEU)
PSCEU is the European branch of Panasonic Systems Communications Company, the global B2B division of Panasonic. PSCEU's goal is to improve the working lives of business professionals and help their organizations efficiency and performance. We help organizations capture, compute and communicate all sorts of information: image, voice, and textual data. Products include PBX telephone switches, document printers, professional cameras, projectors, large visual displays and rugged mobile PCs. With around 500 staff, engineering design expertise, global project management capability and a large European partner network, PSCEU offers unrivalled capability in its markets.
The new PSCEU is made up of four business divisions:
- Communication Solutions including professional scanners, multifunctional printers, telephony systems and HD video conferencing systems.
- Visual System Solutions including projectors, interactive whiteboards, presentation aids and displays. Panasonic is the European market leader in projectors with 28% revenue share.
- Professional Camera Solutions including professional audio visual, security and industrial medical vision (IMV) technology. Panasonic is one of the top two professional camera vendors in Europe.
- Computer Product Solutions including the Toughbook range of rugged notebooks, Toughpad business tablets and electronic point of sales (EPOS) systems. Panasonic Toughbook is European rugged notebook market leader with 62.9% market share in 2010 (VDC, June 2011).
Panasonic Corporation is a worldwide leader in the development and manufacture of electronic products for a wide range of consumer, business, and industrial needs. Based in Osaka, Japan, the company recorded consolidated net sales of 7.85 trillion yen (€71.4 billion) for the year ended March 31, 2012. The company's shares are listed on the Tokyo, Osaka, Nagoya and New York (NYSE:PC) stock exchanges. For more information on the company and the Panasonic brand, visit the company's website at http://panasonic.net/.