F/A-18C Hornet™ HOTAS Add-On Grip: Thrustmaster® locks on to a release date!
London, June 10, 2019 — Thrustmaster has switched to air combat maneuvering mode for the 2019 edition of FlightSimExpo in Orlando, Florida. After a long period of development and beta testing required to perfect this authentic joystick, the juicy details regarding the replica of the legendary F/A-18C Hornet™ control stick can finally be revealed.
A flight stick grip with a rich history behind it
Following the amazing and popular level of performance made possible by its first replica joystick, the HOTAS Warthog (A-10C), Thrustmaster is thrilled to offer a new and versatile grip alternative for simmers that want to take their flight simulations to the next level.
Modeled after the multifunctional control stick found in the U.S. Navy’s famed F/A-18C Hornet™ multirole fighter, this HOTAS Add-On Grip will provide simmers a real-as-it-gets flight experience — all the way from launching off the carrier deck, to dogfighting and pounding ground targets.
Just like its namesake fighter/attack aircraft, the F/A-18C Hornet™ HOTAS Add-On Grip has been built with multitasking in mind: it’s perfect for one moment battling a MiG to the next taking out a platoon of enemy tanks.
Key product features
- Life-size, 1:1 scale replica of the F/A-18C Hornet™ flight stick handle.
- Metal design (grip), with durable, industrial-grade materials for an authentic feel and maximum product lifespan.
- 19 action buttons, including a realistic 2-step trigger and one 8-direction “Point of View” hat switch. The same number of inputs as the HOTAS Warthog control stick.
- Native integration in the game DCS (sold separately) via the dedicated F/A-18C module.
- Nearly identical stick to that used in the AV-8B Night Attack and F-15E Strike Eagle.
- Backwards-compatible with two best-selling Thrustmaster joystick bases: HOTAS Warthog and HOTAS Cougar (sold separately): easily swap your HOTAS Warthog and HOTAS Cougar with the flight grip.
While the product is compatible with all the most popular flight sim titles, the F/A-18C Hornet™ HOTAS Add-On Grip serves as a true extension for Digital Combat Simulator: F/A-18C Hornet by Eagle Dynamics.
As Matt Wagner, the Executive Producer of the Digital Combat Simulator series points out: “If you fly in DCS: F/A-18C Hornet and want to really enjoy the ultimate simulation experience, don’t wait to get your hands on this new joystick.”
Key features of the F/A-18C Hornet™ HOTAS Add-On Grip:
- Pre-orders begin:
- From June 7, 2019 on Thrustmaster e-shop
- From June 10, 2019 worldwide
- Commercial availability: from July 25, 2019
- Suggested retail price: £179.99
Check out the awesome FlightSimExpo by following Thrustmaster on social media — discover or dive deeper into the joystick’s many advanced features by getting an in-game look via the F/A-18C Hornet™ DCS module.
Guillemot Corporation is a designer and manufacturer of interactive entertainment hardware and accessories. The Group offers a diversified range of products under the Hercules and Thrustmaster brand names. Active in this market since 1984, the Guillemot Corporation Group is currently present in 11 countries (France, Germany, Spain, the UK, the United States, Canada, the Netherlands, Italy, Belgium, China [Hong Kong] and Romania) and distributes its products in more than 85 countries worldwide. The Group’s mission is to offer high-performance, ergonomic products which maximize the enjoyment of digital interactive entertainment for end users. www.guillemot.com