Dell has announced a number of new UltraSharp monitors to add to its already impressive lineup. A particular stand out product from those detailed at the Adobe MAX conference is the new Dell UltraSharp 49 Curved Monitor U4919DW. The firm describes this monitor as "revolutionary" thanks to it being the "world's first 49-inch dual QHD monitor". As such it delivers an ultra-wide 32:9 aspect ratio of 5120 x 1440 resolution, and is equivalent to a seamless 2x 27-inch QHD monitor setup.
"This new monitor offers an immersive panoramic experience without compromising design or functionality," said Kirk Schell, SVP of Dell Displays & Engineering. Schell reckons that the new dual-QHD display will be popular among financial traders, bankers, creatives and engineers thanks to it enabling seamless multi-screen productivity.
Dell UltraSharp 49 Curved Monitor U4919DW, key specs
- Screen size: 49-inch diagonal, 337mm high, 1198mm wide
- Radius: 3800R
- Screen tech: IPS with wide viewing angles (178°/178°), anti-glare 3H coating
- Resolution: 5120 x 1440 pixels at 60Hz, 32:9 aspect ratio
- Pixel size: 0.234mm (109ppi)
- Response time: 5ms grey to grey (fast mode), 8ms normal
- Brightness: 350 cd/m²
- Contrast: 1000:1 typical
- Colour: 99 per cent sRGB, 1.07 billion colours with Delta E < 2
- Connectors: 2 x HDMI 2.0 (HDCP 2.2) (10-bit colour @ 60Hz), 1 x DP 1.4 (HDCP 2.2) (10-bit colour @ 60Hz), 5 x USB 3.0, Downstream port, 2 x USB 3.0 Upstream port, 1 x USB Type-C (Alternate mode with DP1.4, Power Delivery, and USB2.0) (8-bit colour @ 60Hz)
- Stand: Height adjustable (90 mm), Tilt (-5° to 21°), Swivel (-170° to 170°) - or use a 100x100mm VESA mount
- Power consumption: 60W typical in use, 0.5W in stand by.
With such a wide aspect screen and its talk about multi-tasking, it isn't surprising to learn that the U4919DW features PiP and PbP modes, Dell Display Manager software with Easy Arrange screen and application tiling, plus KVM toggling for multi-PC use.
Dell says that the UltraSharp 49 Curved Monitor U4919DW will become available from 26th October in the USA, priced at $1,699. It also announced various UltraSharp USB-C monitors ranging from 24-, 27-, 32, to 34-inches in diagonal.