Premium PC components maker be quiet! has released its new System Power 9 CM series PSUs. The be quiet! System Power 9 PSUs are actually one of the firm's more price conscious components families. However, the new System Power 9 CM series PSUs sit at the head of this family, adding a nicety that will be worth a reasonable price bump for many - cable-managed (CM) component connectivity. In brief, the be quiet! System Power 9 CM series PSUs are semi-modular designs.
For users on a budget be quiet! reckons that the System Power 9 CM series PSUs are attractive due to their performance and acoustics. be quiet! suggests these new PSUs are a great choice for build energy-efficient office, multimedia, or entry-level gaming systems.The new CM range consists of four units, from 400W, to 500W, 600W and 700W. These are named the be quiet! System Power 9 400 CM, and so on. Key differences within the CM range are that the 400 and 500W PSUs are equipped with two PCI-Express connectors, while the 600 and 700W versions offer four PCI-Express connectors.
The whole System Power 9 CM series PSUs are certified as 80 PLUS Bronze efficient and able to support multiple GPUs with up to four PCIe connectors provided. The 120mm PSU fans are said to be quiet and temperature controlled, and the semi-modular design minimises cabling spaghetti mess and thus helps system airflow. be quiet! summarises the CM series attractions as below:
- Rock-solid stability with two strong 12V-rails
- DC-to-DC technology for tight voltage regulation
- Multi-GPU support with up to four PCIe connectors
- Temperature-controlled 120mm fan reduces system noise
- Stand-by drain of less than 0.15 watts
- 80 PLUS Bronze efficiency (up to 89%)
- Semi-modular, high-quality sleeved and flat cables
- All-in-one cable with S-ATA, HDD and FDD connectors
- Complete suite of top safety features (OCP, OVP, OPP, OTP UVP and SCP etc)
- Meets latest Intel C6/C7, ErP and Energy Star 6.1 guidelines
- 3-year manufacturer’s warranty
Captive 20+4 pin and P4+4 cables use black sleeves, while the removable cables for drives and PCI-Express expansion cards are also black but in the low-profile style.
Said to be available now in Europe and Australia, buyers of these new PSUs get a three year warranty, and the prices for the four new be quiet! System Power 9 CM series PSUs are listed as follows; €54.90 / £46.99 (400W), €64.90 / £57.99 (500W), €74.90 / £67.99 (600W) and €84.90 / £76.99 (700W).