Individuals looking for a fast and affordable way to create unique professional-quality websites, can now benefit from a powerful and easy-to-use web design tool. WebPlus X7 from Serif, the award-winning creative software developer, is the complete website designer, providing users with everything they need to quickly and easily get online without having any previous design experience.
WebPlus X7 is the only web design software that offers HTML5, the latest web standard, together with total flexibility in an easy, drag-and-drop design system. It gives small businesses, charities, clubs and everyday computer users the power and flexibility to design attractive and interactive websites optimised for any device - without needing any HTML coding experience.
"Websites are without doubt one of the best tools for promoting a business or sharing information," says Ashley Hewson, Managing Director at Serif. "Many people now use the internet at home or on mobile devices to search online for information or to research a business before making a purchase, so it's important for any company to have a well-designed website if they want to create the right impression, engage with customers and boost sales."
With WebPlus' powerful built-in tools, users can create an unlimited number of sites and pages, design bespoke web graphics and banners, plus add interactive social media gadgets, photos and videos. Novices can simply choose a pre-designed template that is fully customisable and royalty-free, while more accomplished designers can create their own layouts with a host of incredibly flexible tools and advanced features.
This latest version boasts many new features, including native support for 64-bit operating systems, meaning all round performance is improved when working on large, feature-rich projects. It also automatically publishes HTML5 code, so users can enjoy cleaner, more compact code and efficient CSS styling, for a site that is faster and highly compatible with the latest mobile and tablet devices. In addition, a slick new HTML5 video player can share advert-free MP4 videos anywhere on a site.
Other new features include a smart drag-and-drop form builder to design fully customisable forms for feedback, contact and sign-up. There is also an Accommodation Booker tool designed specifically to help hospitality businesses manage their bookings quickly and effectively. Plus a new Insert Asset menu helps add buttons, icons and graphics from the Asset Tab even quicker than before.
A brand new Startup Assistant offers instant access to the latest tutorials and a quick search for web templates. Users can even read the latest WebPlus news and expert articles as soon as they are published. There is also a built-in web server, which quickly loads dynamic content so users can see how their site looks and performs in any browser. Other new features include support for custom YouTube playlists, Vimeo videos, more ready-made assets, improved slider animations, restore last session on startup, and an improved workspace.
"WebPlus X7 offers the next generation of web design for everyone to enjoy - regardless of previous experience. There is no need to be online during the design phase and users can create everything from scratch including an unlimited number of pages, graphics, and logos or use a ready-made template to suit their business, charity, club or personal endeavour. Users also don't need to subscribe and are not tied in to using our hosting. Building a website to meet your customer's needs has never been easier with WebPlus X7."
WebPlus X7 is compatible with Windows 8/7/Vista/XP and retails at £89.99 (inc. VAT). It is available directly from Serif at www.serif.com and includes a free 30 days hosting package with sub-domain web address. WebPlus X7 is also available from major retailers including Amazon and PC World.
Existing Serif Software users should contact 0800 376 7070 for further information on preferential upgrade pricing.
New and improved features of WebPlus X7 include:
- New: HTML5 - Enjoy cleaner, more compact code and efficient CSS styling with automatic web design coding.
- New: MP4 Video Player - Play and stream MP4 videos anywhere on the site with a new video player which is supported on tablets and smartphones.
- New: 64-bit Engine - Design larger, feature rich websites, faster than ever before as WebPlus works with 64-bit operating systems.
- New: Form Designer - Drag and drop ready-made template forms anywhere on a page or even design from scratch.
- New: Start-up Assistant - Get all the latest news, tutorials and expert articles as soon as they are published with a brand new Start-up Assistant.
- New: Accommodation Booker - Perfect for small hotels and bed & breakfast websites; the fully customisable Accommodation Booker is a quick and easy way for guests to book a hotel.
- Improved: YouTube Player - Enjoy new player controls with YouTube videos and create playlists that can be streamed straight from a list of videos or a YouTube user's channel.
- New: Insert Menu - Add buttons, icons and graphics from the Asset Tab even quicker. Users can also save assets for later user, customise and reuse asset settings with ease.
- Improved: Image Sliders - Adjust the speed and motion of image sliders, for example how quickly they move from image to imagefor a more professional appearance.
- New: Export Options - Export images at a higher quality, without increasing the file size with the new Super Sampled setting.
- Improved: Colour Management - Get even more control over a site's colour theme with WebPlus' improved Colour Scheme Designer.
Serif is the publisher of the award-winning software range that includes PagePlus, PhotoPlus, DrawPlus, WebPlus, MoviePlus, CraftArtist and more. Founded in 1987 with the aim to develop low-cost alternatives to high-end publishing and graphics packages, Serif has been repeatedly praised for its powerful yet easy-to-use software which has put professional effects and demanding publishing tasks within the reach of ordinary PC users around the world. Now the winner of over 200 awards internationally, with over 6.5 million customers worldwide, Serif has over 190 employees at its head office, development and European sales centre in Nottingham, UK.